Wednesday, February 7, 2018

I'm Back....

Over four years ago I embarked on a journey to provide DBT classes online, the first of it's kind. We reached 13 counties and I co-owned a  successful business for nearly two years.  I moved away from that business and onto a 9 to 5 job as my family grew and we needed more stability.   My heart has always been in helping others and as I move into my 7th year in the field of mental health and addiction I have decided in 2018 to return to Udemy.com and push forward with online courses teaching coping skills, tips for handling anxiety and a variety of other mental health topics.  I will continue with my full-time career, my on-call crisis job as well as raising 2 young children during this venture.  My goal is to provide coping skills online at an affordable price, utilizing an online format and keeping skills simple and relevant- an attempt to remove barriers many have to receiving these kind of services in more traditional settings.  The equipment is en route.  The logo, headshots and ideas that have been jotted down on the back of napkins, post-it notes and notepads for the last 4 years are coming together in the next few weeks and I hope to go live with courses by early Spring. Follow my journey (back) into this realm on Social Media https://twitter.com/ApazMA


No comments:

Post a Comment